Chitika

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cheers to a New Day


Whattah long day! An extra hour of teaching today left me drained and the manic lesson plan writing which cut my 135 pages down to 68. Woahhhhh I feel so proud of myself as I defeated time and pressure. yayyyy! However, the traffic on my way back home left me stranded for nearly an hour which made it worse to motorcyclist to get thru because of the heavy rain. That moment I felt like everything had conspired against me; the extra class, the lesson planning, the traffic jam and worst of all the rain. All of the sudden the city of Bangkok transformed into a catastrophe; crazy traffic and flooding everywhere. That could be the worst time of my life.

Defying the rain, my taxi was able to escape the traffic and finally I could see my street from the main road. I hurriedly got off from the cab and headed straight to the lift. After a month of being homeless, broke and shattered; I found a home where I could shut the rest of the world and enjoy being alone while listening to music or by merely watching cartoons on a Thai channel. haha with all of these, I can feel my existence, reflect on my self and look from the outside what has been happening to myself lately.

So here I am inside the room that looks so new yet familiar to me. The scent fills my senses and the warmth embraces my soul. Loneliness slowly creeps inside me as I fall back to the past. Too much for that. There's no point of looking back there. I straighten myself up, shrug that feeling as I slowly close that chapter of my life called- Past.

Tomorrow is another day; maybe brighter, maybe duller yet it's a new day. A new life to live, a new experience to endure and a gift to receive. And I close my eyes to that as sleep dwells me in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment